Saturday, March 28, 2009

Family

Last September a friend gave me a plaque that says, "Friends are the Family you Choose for Yourself."  This is so true.  Today I had a party to both celebrate the end of chemo and to Thank all the friends that have supported me the last 6 months.  What an awesome party it was. This was my family.  These are the poeple that love me and have been there for me when I needed a ride, someone to listen to me whine, someone to cry with or just someone to be there for me when I didn't want to be alone.  What an awesome party this was.  My "family" was here.  I could not have gotten to this point without them.  They have totted me around, givien me a shoulder to cry on, and just been there to support me. 

These people have shown me what it means to love your neighbor as yourself.  These people love me. This is the love of Christ.  They show me every day what that means.  I don't deserve this love.  But then I don't deserve God's love either.  It just is.  And because of people that love me like this I have learned to accept the love God has for me too.  No, I don't deserve it.  It just is.  That's what God's love is about. 

Thank you to all of my "family" for showing me what real love is.

No comments: